• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Influenza A

vvViolet

Bluelighter
hello all.

after seven days of awfulness with true-blue Influenza A, i'm finally starting to feel like my old self again. all that's left is a moderate cough and some minor aches and pains. anyway, my question is: any recommendations in regard to the next few days; what to eat, supplements to take, things not to do. i realize this is a pretty broad/general question but i am scared silly of relapsing. it was the sickest i've been in a long time (perhaps ever) coupled with a week's long duration before feeling any better at all. i sound like a baby; flu shots every year for the rest of my life! so... any input would be greatly appreciated!

You don't have to worry about getting that strain of influenza A again. Once you get over the infection, you'll be immune to that strain.

The best advice in terms of boosting immunity is to just eat a healthy diet and get plenty of rest. Foods high in antioxidants are good for boosting immune function. Also make sure you're taking a multivitamin.

Avoid alcohol and any other substances that might stress your body. At this point, you should be feeling better and better each day.

thanks for the response dokomo. i realize it was a totally vanilla question but i just needed to get some input from HL. i'll rest a little better tonight knowing that, it would appear, i have beaten the flu and it's not coming back. (famous last words; i'll have Influenza B by Wednesday)... thanks again!